Scholarships, grants give boost to UW-Madison students going abroad
University of Wisconsin–Madison students preparing to embark on a range of international experiences in the coming months received words of encouragement and financial support at the spring 2016 International Division Scholarship Award Ceremony on April 19, at the Gordon Dining and Event Center.
The event – hosted by the UW–Madison International Division and organized by International Academic Programs (IAP), the Division’s study abroad unit – brought together students, parents, donors, UW–Madison faculty and staff.
Awards were presented by IAP, the Division’s International Internship Program (IIP), and the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS), through a partnership with the Division through IAP.
- IAP presents scholarships for study abroad
- Grants awarded for internships abroad
- CALS awards summer study abroad scholarships
Whitmire, Drewal receive Fulbright awards
- Ethelene Whitmire, professor in the School of Library and Information Studies at UW–Madison, has received a 2016-17 Fulbright Scholar award to conduct research during the fall 2016 semester for her book project, The African American Presence in Denmark in the 20th Century. Read more
- Henry J. Drewal, Evjue-Bascom Professor of Art History and Afro-American Studies at UW–Madison, has received a 2016-17 senior Fulbright Scholar award to explore the multi-sensorial dimensions of African art by working with, and learning from metal artists in Morocco. Read more