THE GLOBAL WISCONSIN IDEA
Today, the boundaries of our campus extend to places around the world, where UW–Madison is making a difference. In support of The Wisconsin Idea, the Division of International Studies seeks to promote and facilitate efforts to deepen and expand UW-Madison’s relevance by demonstrating how the university’s global expertise and relationships can benefit local communities, people and the state.
Here are links to some of the campus resources available:
- The Global Wisconsin Idea Program is a summer institute for academically-talented high school students in Wisconsin and internationally to engage in one of the world’s most interesting challenges: understanding the changing relationships between human actions and earth’s complex environmental systems.
- The Office of Corporate Relations can link businesses with a variety of tools to assist them in expanding globally.
- The member programs and centers of the International Institute offer a variety of resources for PK-12 educators.
- UW’s Language Institute has resources for K-12 teachers and students.
- UW-Madison has been a strong supporter of and provided many volunteers to the Peace Corps.
- The Wisconsin International Outreach Consortium (WIOC) provides resources and expertise on world areas to K-12 teachers, postsecondary educators, businesses, the media, and the community.