The Wellness Committee of the International Division (WC-ID) strives to foster a workplace culture that supports healthy lifestyle choices by encouraging employee’s personal and professional growth, and physical and mental well-being. The WC-ID seeks to promote holistic wellness resources, ideas, and events focusing on physical, environmental, emotional/spiritual, financial, and social aspects of wellness.
In addition, the WC-ID advocates to decrease the stigma of talking about mental health and strives to increase awareness, while encouraging International Division employees to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Membership & Selection
- Meetings & Voting
- University Wellness Resources
Responsibilities of the WC-ID shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Advocate for and build a wellness-centered community
- Seek out and share resources to cultivate a culture of holistic well-being to positively impact the overall health, productivity, satisfaction, and engagement of the International Division.
- Initiate and support campus efforts promoting holistic wellness.
Expectations of WC-ID members include:
- Promote holistic wellness throughout the International Division.
- Communicate to your respective unit and team regarding objectives and upcoming activities of the Wellness Committee.
- Attend, engage, and bring an open mind to committee meetings and events.
- Contribute resources to the monthly newsletter.
Additionally, potential roles on the Committee may include the following:
- Event Lead
- Newsletter Creator
- Wellness Subcommittee Lead
- The committee shall consist of a minimum of five members who shall be employees of the International Division.
- Any employee of the International Division who wishes to serve may serve on the Committee; Committee will strive to include representation from staff of diverse backgrounds across division units.
- Employees are welcome to join at any time.
Terms of Service:
- A term coincides with the fiscal year beginning on July 1 and ending on June 30.
- There are no term limits for serving on the Committee.
Selection of the Chair:
- The Committee shall annually select one or two members to serve as Chair or Co-Chairs in the spring semester prior to the July 1 start date of service.
- Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by others. If nominated by someone else, the member must agree to the nomination.
- There shall be no limits on the number of terms an individual may serve.
- The Wellness Committee shall meet monthly
- The Chair(s), in consultation with members, shall schedule meeting times and locations, prepare and distribute agendas in advance, and shall preside over meetings.
- A quorum is considered to be a simple majority of the voting members; a quorum must be present for a vote to be taken during the course of a meeting.
- Votes may be taken by email outside of a regular meeting if required; the participation of a simple majority of the Committee members is required for such votes to be valid.
- The Chair(s) shall designate a recorder at each meeting to take notes on the discussion and actions during the meeting. The person who records notes will send a copy to all committee members within 10 days of the meeting.
Wellness Committee Members:
- Kerry Uniyal, co-chair, Language Program Office
- Kylie Holland, co-chair, Language Program Office
- Amani DeHolton, International Academic Programs
- Bri Raymer, International Academic Programs
- Anne Naparstek, Language Program Office
- Moldir Oskenbay, International Student Services
- Camila Hassler, International Faculty and Staff Services