CIBER’s Applied Funds program provides grants of up to $2,000 to support travel, conference registration, and participation in faculty development programs.
Monday, June 1
All University of Wisconsin faculty, academic staff, and Ph.D. students are eligible to apply. All Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa Community and Technical College instructors and administrators are eligible to apply.
Requests for funding in the Applied Funds program must relate to one or more of CIBER’s programmatic goals:
- Internationalizing the curriculum by increasing the number of interdisciplinary courses, adding international content to existing courses, and expanding study abroad and other international exchange opportunities for students. CIBER is especially interested in funding proposals that will enhance the global content of the full-time MBA curriculum.
- Creating faculty development and enrichment programs for business, foreign language, and international studies faculty from colleges and universities around the nation, such as low-cost international study tours and faculty development conferences and workshops.
- Collaborating with foreign language departments to develop business language courses for students and to provide intensive language training programs for business people. CIBER is particularly interested in critical languages as defined by the federal government (such as Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, and Russian).
- Funding research projects, events and publications on issues of strategic national interest. In addition to international competitiveness issues, CIBER is interested in proposals that address how business is responding to the challenges created by global terrorism. CIBER also favors proposals related to the hi-tech and biotech industries, which have been defined as key sectors for Wisconsin’s export strategy.
- Creating and sponsoring business outreach and training programs to enhance the ability of U.S. business to compete internationally.
For details about this program, including additional award criteria and how to complete and submit an application, please visit the CIBER Web site: http://www.bus.wisc.edu/ciber/facphd/grants.asp. Please contact CIBER Outreach Director Suzanne Dove at email@example.com should you have any questions.