From Dr. Michael Hawes, CEO, Fulbright Canada: I am writing today to encourage you to reach out to your colleagues and encourage them to apply for the Fulbright NEXUS Program. This two-year collaborative research program on “Climate Change and Adaptation Strategies,” is an excellent opportunity for scholars interested in this area to make a significant positive impact. Please understand that we are working on a short deadline as applications must be submitted on April 1, 2014.
Successful applicants will collaborate with lead scholars Dr. Daniel M Kammen and Dr. Sergio Pacca, as well as 20 of the best and brightest in North America with similar goals and interests. If you know of anyone who is studying the themes below, please share this email with them so that they can join us for the professional and personal experience of a lifetime.
Renewable Energy, including Micro-Grid Innovations;
Social and Behavioral Adaptation to Climate Change;
Measuring Climate Change and its Impact (Metrics and Standards);
Climate Change and Biodiversity; and
Climate Change and Food and Water Security
Thank you for encouraging your faculty to consider this exciting opportunity. Potential applicants can reach out to Brad Hector (firstname.lastname@example.org), program officer for scholars, with any questions they may have.
Dr. Michael K. Hawes
Chief Executive Officer / Président-directeur général
2015-350 rue Albert Street Ottawa, Canada K1R1A4
t. 613.688.5521; f. 613.237.2029;
Core Facts about the awards
· The Fulbright NEXUS program is now open, and closes April 1, 2014
· Program activities commence June 2014 and conclude May 2016
· All grantees are expected to attend three seminar group meetings, complete a research visit for two to three months, and maintain ongoing virtual communication with fellow grantees and lead scholars. American applicants may conduct their research visit in Canada. The research visit must be completed prior to March 2016
· The three seminars are scheduled for:
August 2014 – First Group Meeting and Orientation (Brazil)
June 2015 – Mid-year Group Meeting (TBD)
May 2016 – Final Group Meeting (Washington, DC)
· Candidates must be Canadian or U.S. citizens,
· Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate. Candidates outside academia (e.g., professionals, artists) with recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments are also eligible, and
· Be proficient in English.
American Applicants can apply to the:
Ø NEXUS Program: Two-year collaborative research program on
“Climate Change and Adaptation Strategies”
* Inquiries: Brad Hector, Program Officer (Scholars), email@example.com
Sandy Ng, Fulbright NEXUS Scholar
“This exchange has broadened my perspectives, allowed me to be immersed in other cultures, and provoked me to think of the implications of my work beyond my own country. While the possibilities are endless, it all started with NEXUS! In this globalized world, it is very important that the next generation of scholars be enlightened with a world perspective.”
Fulbright Canada at a glance:
· With more than 300,000 Fulbright alumni in more than 150 countries, the Fulbright program is the gold standard in academic exchange and a leader in public diplomacy.
· The Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America (Fulbright Canada) is a binational, treaty-based, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization with a mandate to identify the best and brightest minds in both countries and engage them in residential academic exchange.
· The mandate of Fulbright Canada is to enhance mutual understanding between the people of Canada and the people of the United States of America by providing support to outstanding individuals. These individuals conduct research, lecture, or enroll in formal academic programs in the other country. In doing so, Fulbright Canada aims to grow intellectual capacity, increase productivity, and assist in the shaping of future leaders.
· For details about all of our awards, please visit http://www.fulbright.ca/programs/apply-now/