The US-UK Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce that applications are open for the 2014 UK Summer Institutes. These summer programmes provide the opportunity for US undergraduates (aged over 18), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to come to the UK on a three, four, five or six week academic and cultural summer programme. Participants will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
There are nine Summer Programmes available for US students in 2014. The Summer Institute will cover the majority of the participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the University, accommodation and social programme, subsistence e.g. food and drink.
Participants in these programmes will get the opportunity to:
• Experience an exciting academic programme at a top ranked UK University.
• Explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK.
• Develop their learning skill, improving presentation, research and communication skills.
• Become an ambassador for studying in the United Kingdom, and for the prestigious internationally renowned UK universities.
• Develop their knowledge in the academic programme of their choice, be taught by world leaders in their field and receive credit they can transfer to their US University.
The application deadline is February 27 or March 6, 2014. Please see specific website page for particular programme deadline.
If you would like more information, please visit the website below or contact:
There is no UW-Madison campus component to this competition.
Valerie Schreiner, Programme Coordinator—Summer Institutes
The US-UK Fulbright Commission