The University of Wisconsin-Madison – along with more than 1,000 organizations worldwide – will mark Global Entrepreneurship Week during the week of November 15. Led by its Office of Corporate Relations, the university is taking part in a number of events on and off campus, including:
– Entrepreneurial Boot Camp: From November 15-20, UW-Madison students will visit Wageningen University in the Netherlands to participate in its entrepreneurial boot camp. For more information, contact Gitte Schober at Gitte.Schober@wur.nl.
– Briefing for companies on export control: Monday, November 16, 4:30-5:30 p.m. in Room 50 of the MGE Innovation Center, 510 Charmany Drive. Eric Wilson and Adam Briggs of Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. will explain international trade and transactions, including export and import regulations. To attend, contact Pam Munoz at Munoz@ocr.wisc.edu.
– Kenny Dichter: The Original Bleacher Creature: Tuesday, November 17, 7 p.m. at Heritage Hall in Camp Randall. Dichter will share how he turned his passion for sports into a successful venture. For more information, contact Doug Bradley at Bradley@ocr.wisc.edu.
– Third Annual Entrepreneurial Deli: Wednesday, November 18, 6:30 p.m. in the first floor lounge of Sellery Hall, 821 West Johnson Street. This interactive “deli” will feature mini-presentations by several young entrepreneurs on topics important to those considering new ventures. For more information, contact Molly Lahr at email@example.com.
– Wisconsin Youth Entrepreneurs Conference: Thursday, November 19, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. The conference is dedicated to collegiate, emerging entrepreneurs, and to entrepreneurial education. For more information, contact Jordan Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.