The UW–Madison International Division is excited to announce that as of July 1, 2023 the International Internship Program (IIP) has merged with International Academic Programs (IAP).
We are confident that this change will help make international internships more visible and accessible to undergraduate Badgers within the full portfolio of high-quality IAP global experiences. This change will also streamline advising services for international programming, international opportunity development, promotions and campus outreach.
What is changing:
- The International Internship Program name will be phased out and be referred to as the Intern Abroad Team (within IAP).
- The Intern Abroad Team has moved from Bascom Hall to join IAP on the third floor of the Red Gym.
What is staying the same:
- Internship advising services will be offered by the Intern Abroad advisors
- International internship opportunities can still be found in either the international internship database or within the study abroad database for programming with internship options.
- The Intern Abroad advisors will still review and approve international internships that students find on their own for credit
The International Division remains committed to connecting UW–Madison students of all majors with exciting opportunities abroad.