UW Health’s American Family Children’s Hospital ranked in the top 50 children’s hospitals in seven medical and surgical specialties in this year’s U.S. News & World Report Best Children’s Hospital rankings.
The children’s hospital was named one of the top hospitals for:
- Cancer (35)
- Cardiology and heart surgery (49)
- Diabetes and endocrinology (47)
- Gastroenterology and GI surgery (45)
- Nephrology (49)
- Pulmonology (42)
- Urology (23)
For the first time in the hospital’s history, cardiology and heart surgery is ranked among the best programs in the country.
Data were collected from 187 hospitals across the United States. The categories that were measured were:
- Clinical outcomes
- Level and quality of hospital resources
- Technology and special services
- Delivery of health care
- Expert opinion among pediatric specialists
Only 81 of the 187 surveyed hospitals were ranked in the top 50 in at least one of the 10 specialties.