The Division of International Studies and the Morgridge Center for Public Service invite you to a reception at the Teaching and Learning Symposium to celebrate and advance international teaching and service learning initiatives!
Wednesday, May 19
Pyle Center, Alumni Lounge
702 Langdon Street
– announce the winners of the first Global Scholars Awards for residential learning communities;
– announce a new award competition for centers and departments to expand their international activities;
– introduce UW Without Borders, an exciting new initiative for international service learning;
– learn about some compelling international service learning programs on campus!
– Gilles Bousquet, dean, Division of International Studies, vice-provost for globalization
– Mary Rouse, community outreach liaison, Morgridge Center for Public Service
– Lori DiPrete Brown, associate director, Center for Global Health
– Tim Miller, Engineers without Borders, College of Engineering
If you are interested and/or already involved in international service learning, please join us!
Registration and participation in the Teaching and Learning Symposium is encouraged but not required in order to attend the reception. You might be interested to know that the symposium sessions include some international education topics. We would value your participation in the reception conversation as well as the symposium sessions.